Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day of Infamy

Today is the well-known Day of Infamy, as President Roosevelt called December 7, the day Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. It's my particular D of I, as this is my birthday, and as I get older it becomes even more infamous. But, to use a show business metaphor, the network has optioned my show for another year, so all is well.

It snowed for the first time this season, and it was quite pretty this morning. Mostly all melted now and kind of crappy and windy outside, but at least it was a good start to my D of I. Here's the pictures.














I'm plugging along on the Henley Perfected. I've
managed to complete both sleeves and sew them in. frogging galore but it's done! Take a look at these seams - I'm rather proud of them. And only ripped out once and redone. Also please notice the cord bind-off on the right side (left in the photo). This was the first time I've tried this and I think it looks absolutely great. This has not been blocked yet, so it should look even better when that's done.
Here's a close-up, opened up between my fingers.
I haven't done the other side of the opening yet. That will be the side with the buttons. Then I have to knit the collar, the sleeve hems and the bottom hem, and I'm
done!



1 comment:

Kristen said...

Happy birthday Sherill! It was a pretty start to your D of I. The Henley is looking good with those special touches.