This is what I saw in the daylight this morning - it doesn't look too bad in the photo but the headlight and grill and quarter-panel are all pushed in.
Another view.
And here she goes to the body shop. You can see the damage to both doors now.
Safeco Insurance has been great - highly recommended for making this as easy as possible. They set me up with a rental car too, unfortunately it's a HUGE Dodge Durango - as close to a tank as you can get. They will change me to a smaller car on Monday. The repair estimate is coming in very close to the amount for totaling the car - I hope they won't do that as I really don't want to go looking for a new car right now, and I love this Subaru. So, as they say, life is what happens when you're making other plans.
2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear this; it must have been scary. On the way home from the meeting I was actually thinking about deer, as there are many in our area too. I had an encounter like yours about 4 years ago. That deer ran off into the woods and likely survived; I was OK; and the car was fixable. But it is scary, isn't it? I hope you are OK and that your car can be repaired, or replaced with one that you'll also become attached to!
Glad that you are unscathed.
Post a Comment