I was in shock on our last day in Sweden, as I had inadvertently re-formatted my camera disk and deleted all the pictures (about 400) of Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Thinking all was lost anyway, I kept taking more pictures on the disk (the only one I had) - another day in Sweden, and then 4 days in Finland. We all thought that reformatting had completely erased the pictures beyond recovery.
When we got home, Hubster went on the Internet, and found a couple of programs that not just recovered deleted pictures, but also recovered re-formatted disks. He performed a miracle (actually the program did), and got all my pictures back (except the ones I took in Finland over the first hundred or so on the disk, so I actually did lose my Norway pictures). More good news though - Hubster was also taking pictures on his own camera, so he shared his Norway pictures with me. He has a different attitude toward traveling and photo opportunities than I do, but at least I have some views similar to those I had taken myself. Isn't technology wonderful!
Two lessons learned: Don't by any means reformat camera disks when there are pictures on them, and don't put all the pictures on a single disk.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I can feel the sinking feeling you must have experienced.
What was a huge relief that you could recover the pictures.
Post a Comment