Saturday, August 8, 2009

Baptism for Lucas

Sunday was the baptism of my 3-month old great-grandson,
Lucas. He was so sweet through the long one-hour ceremony - the Deacon who performed the baptism certainly took his task seriously. He inserted so many special touches - responsive readings, a homily, special things for little brothers and sisters to help out with, you name it. The baptism itself was almost an anticlimax. All of the pictures I took in the church came out fuzzy, but here is a nice one of baby and parents.




This picture looks like Lucas is struggling to get away from me,
but I really think the expression on his face is adorable (and I don't think I'm biased).






This next photo is four generations, with me at the top of the family ladder (does that make me a matriarch now?)








This photo is special to me, as the little lacy dress is the one
my father was baptized in, in 1898. Lucas had another special outfit to wear, so we just put his great-great-grandfather's dress over him for the picture.


3 comments:

Laurakcyr said...

Very nice, mom! I'm so glad you were there for the event. I would have liked to see Lucas IN grandpa's outfit. I think it would have fit. Maybe. But I guess it would have been upsetting if Lucas burst out of it! He's up to 18 pounds now.

Kristen said...

Lucas is just precious. I love to see photos of 4 to 5 generations together. And that is special too to be able to pose him with his great-great grandfather's christening gown.

S1 said...

Very cool Mom. BTW, thanks for not putting me in a dress way back when. (or not having pictures of it anyway)