Saturday, July 11, 2009

Former Sweater and Bear Shirt



So this is what I did last night - I started with this baby sweater purchased at a yard sale,







and turned it into four skeins of yarn. I think the fiber is acrylic,
but it looks like a bulky wool. I think a lovely bulky scarf would work well for this.









I love this tee-shirt, which I bought a couple of weeks ago at a huge art/craft fair in Minneapolis. It was held in a large park on the shore of the Mississippi, next to the old General Mills and Pillsbury plants. I bought it directly from the artist, Sue Rowe, who specializes in bears - it was hard to make a decision but I knew I wanted one of those shirts, so this was my final choice. Kind of fits my philosphy, or so I like to think.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog--love to find grandmothers to get knitting ideas for little boys from. That sweater you did for the little guy is wonderful!

I love this t-shirt! My philosophy, too. Funny, for a few months we lived in a condo near that park. I used to love walking the footbridge across the Mississippi. :) (Gee, wish I'd found the shirt!)