This past weekend was the Retreat of our Knitting Guild – 26 hours to be exact – from Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon at the Whispering Pines Resort. It’s not easy to find – about four miles down a one-lane road most of the way, but that’s what a retreat is for, isn’t it?
Sixteen of us relaxed and knitted and ate delicious food and swapped yarn, stories and books. Some of us made beaded stitch markers (I’m happy to say I made 15!) We sat around the fireplace in the lounge and out on the porch overlooking the lake and had a wonderful time.


I took the yellow prayer shawl to work on because it doesn’t require too much concentration, and got a few more feet done.


Here's what the swap tables looked like before we drew numbers and started choosing that skein or book we had our eye on. The circle went around four times before the tables were cleared.
I’m sorry that the group picture in the lounge in front of the huge fireplace is a little fuzzy. The waiter who took the photo didn’t quite follow my instructions to push the camera button down halfway to focus, then push it down all the way to take the shot. Oh, well. (Note to self: Have copies made for each of us anyway, plus copies of everything for the Guild archives.)
I’m sorry that the group picture in the lounge in front of the huge fireplace is a little fuzzy. The waiter who took the photo didn’t quite follow my instructions to push the camera button down halfway to focus, then push it down all the way to take the shot. Oh, well. (Note to self: Have copies made for each of us anyway, plus copies of everything for the Guild archives.) 
1 comment:
Wasn't it fun? I'll be sending you more pictures when I get my act together.
Post a Comment